Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – an old favorite | Off The Grain
What brings me serenity? Cattails and chocolate chip cookies
My sister and her kiddies were visiting us at the farm the other week. These days when we get together we love to share recipes, play in the garden and bake. Over the course of the weekend we made sugar-free marshmallows, spaghetti squash with ground beef and our favorite treat…chocolate chip cookies.
One afternoon my Dad was out walking with the kids and came back with a bushel of cattails. There’s something about the sight of cattails in the house and the smell of chocolate chip cookies in the oven that just warms the soul. These ones are definitely kid tested and approved…double thumbs up. We doubled the batch and they were gone in a day.
What You Will Need:
2 1/2 cups of almond flour
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of baking Soda
1/4 cup of melted butter
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of real maple syrup
2 tbsp honey
1/2 bag of semi sweet dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients: almond flour, salt, baking soda and chocolate chips.
- In a smaller bowl, mix wet ingredients: butter, vanilla, maple syrup and honey.
- Mix both bowls together and mix well by hand or with your kitchen mixer.
- Butter a cookie sheet, and roll the mixture into balls onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.