Cold Kicker Remedy: A Tried and True Recipe | Keeper of the Home
Written by Meg Dickey, Contributing Writer
This remedy is one of the best for warding off colds, the flu, or any kind of general feeling of ickiness. Not only is it chock full of anti-viral and anti-bacterial goodness, but it’s guaranteed to knock your socks off!
Ginger and cayenne are warming to your system, while onion, horseradish and garlic help to kill any bug that is attempting to assault your body. Sage and rosemary dry up any mucus that might be tempted to drip, and your body will benefit from the boost of minerals that apple cider vinegar provides. As scary as it sounds, it’s actually quite tasty, too.
Here’s my tried and true Cold Kicker recipe:
- Combine all the ingredients in a quart size mason jar, and fill to the top, leaving 1 inch headspace.
- Shake daily for two to four weeks, then strain, squeezing out all the liquid.
- Heat gently over heat, and add 1/4 c. of honey, stirring to dissolve.
- Rebottle, and use as needed to kick any feeling of sick right out of you!
- 4 Natural Remedies You Already Have in Your Pantry (fitsugar.com)
- Werewolf Tonic (newauthors.wordpress.com)
- 6 Recipes for Winter Wellness (yesmagazine.org)
- Winter Immunity (woodfarmcentre.wordpress.com)
- Great Home Tips For Cough Remedies (after50health.com)
- 3 Surprising Natural Cold Remedies (self.com)