Get Your “Pep” Back With Peppermint
As the temperatures rise, be sure to give yourself the cooling, minty refreshment that Young Living’s peppermint essential oil provides. One of the best things to do during a hot, summer evening is to rub some soothing peppermint on the bottoms of your feet.
There are very few things out there that can soothe and relax while also giving you the clarity, focus, and pick-me-up that you need during a day when you feel just a little off. Peppermint falls into that rare category, which makes it such a vital and outstanding part of your aromatherapy and essential oil options.
Some exciting research has been done with peppermint essential oil that studies an increase of concentration and alertness and even memory. Simply take your bottle of Young Living peppermint oil and place a drop of the oil on your tongue or add it to flavor and cool your water, lemonade, or favorite tea.
Let’s examine a few other exciting and versatile ways you can utilize your peppermint oil and reap the benefits of nature’s living energy:
- Add a drop of peppermint essential oil to herbal tea to help aid normal digestion.
- Massage several drops of peppermint essential oil on your abdomen, place a drop on your wrists, or inhale to soothe the minor stomach discomfort associated with travel.
- Rub one drop of peppermint essential oil on your temples, forehead, over your sinuses (careful to avoid contact with your eyes), and on the back of your neck to relieve head pressure.
- Place two drops of peppermint essential oil on your tongue and rub another drop of oil under your nose to help improve concentration and alertness.
- Apply peppermint essential oil to the back of your neck and shoulders throughout the day to keep energy up.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil, apply topically to your temples or neck, or put a drop on your tongue or in water to jump-start your morning routine.
- Diffuse or inhale peppermint essential oil mid-morning to curb the desire to snack.
- Inhale peppermint essential oil or rub a drop onto your abdomen to soothe minor stomach discomfort.
Keep in mind that Young Living’s peppermint oil is a great way to introduce your neighbors, friends, and family to the wonderful and exciting world of essential oils. Help others see what they’ve been missing by introducing them to the versatile world of peppermint!
—Derek Cullimore, YL Product Marketing Manager
- Congested? Get Steamy (fitsugar.com)
- Peppermint Soothes Gastric Pain and IBS, Study Says (fitsugar.com)
- Jane G. Goldberg, Ph.D.: More Than A Scent: Essential Oils Aid The Immune System (huffingtonpost.com)
Posted on June 20, 2011, in Healing, Health and wellness and tagged Alternative, Aromatherapy, Complementary and Alternative, Essential oil, Health, Peppermint. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.